Monday, November 29, 2010

Veterans Day

This is a quick post about my Veterans Day experience from a few weeks back. During that day, I was assigned to shoot a ceremony at the old Ridges Mental Institution. The ceremony was held to honor veterans, and to remember the veteran patients at the hospital. What was important about this day though, was not any of the pictures I took. It was the newly found respect I have for veterans, and what they do/did for this country. After sitting down and talking with a Vietnam veteran, I was truly speechless from his stories of the war. I cannot imagine after having fought for my county, to only come home to be met hate. Although my images from this day are not necessarily my best work, I will remember the experience forever





No comments:

Post a Comment